The Artificial Intelligence and Multi Agent Systems (AIMS) Laboratory is a research program of the Department of Informatics, Bioengineering, Robotics and Systems Engineering (DIBRIS) at the University of Genoa.
The goal of AIMS Lab is to advance the state of the art in Computer Science and Engineering with a main focus on Artificial Intelligence techniques and their applications.
Our research deals with the design and the implementation of innovative computer-assisted methods to solve key engineering problems in fields such as Robotics and Autonomous Systems, Mechanical Design, Verification and Reasoning, Software and Cyber-Physical Systems with an emphasis on applicable formal methods. Our key research lines currently are:
- Verification-Enhanced Learning
- Computer Automated Design
- Automated reasoning and planning
- Analysis of Software Requirements and Test Pattern Generation
- Simulation, Planning and Verification for Cyber-Physical Systems
We seek applications in various field including, but not limited to:
- Safety of autonomous robots and agents
- Design and refurbishing of elevator systems
- Analysis of software requirements for aerospace control systems
- Requirement-based test-pattern generation for railway control systems
- Cybersecurity of industrial control systems
Members of AIMS Lab actively pursue a strong connection between research and teaching activities, and collaboration with local and international universities, research centers and industries.